NCRI Strategy 2017-22
Our purpose is to improve health and quality of life by accelerating progress in cancer-related research, through collaboration
Together we will:
- Ensure a coordinated portfolio of research related to cancer
- Seize opportunities and address challenges in research relevant to cancer
- Continuously improve the quality and relevance of research related to cancer
- Accelerate the translation of cancer-related research into practice
We have a set of core values that we believe are integral to the success of the Partnership
- We are collaborative, dynamic and determined
- We act with integrity, professionalism and intelligence
- We can speak with a strong, unified voice on issues related to cancer research
- We involve people affected by cancer at all stages of our work, helping us to drive research forward
- We foster a culture of information sharing and collaboration within the cancer research funding community that fuels our progress
- Our Executive team drives the Partnership, identifies collaborative opportunities and co-ordinates activities
Our ways of working
The NCRI is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation governed by a board consisting of elected and appointed trustees. The make-up of our board reflects the diversity of our Partners’ interests and benefits from experience honed in the medical, public, third and commercial sectors.
- We are a UK-based partnership of cancer research funders working together to accelerate research progress for patient and public benefit.
- The NCRI Executive drives the work of the Partnership enabling interactions between Partners and stakeholders and supporting collective activities.
- To ensure joined up thinking we also work with key stakeholders with a voice in cancer research across industry, government and public sectors.