Head of Business Operations (NCRI) vacancy
Salary: Circa £62,000 p.a. + excellent benefits
Permanent, Full time
We will be running a rolling recruitment for this role and close down the position once we have a pool of qualified candidates. Please submit your application as soon as possible.
The National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) is looking for a focused and motivated individual to join its team to oversee the operational management and governance of the NCRI Executive. You will lead the development, management and delivery of organisational processes to drive efficiency, and ultimately ensure the best value for Partner organisations.
- Oversee the development of the NCRI budget, forecast and three-year cost/income projections and presenting the budget to Trustees for approval.
- Manage the relationship with CRUK departments which provide Finance, HR and IT support through a hosting agreement
- Lead the operational support provided to the NCRI Board, Partners and Executive.
- Lead formal governance reporting for the NCRI and maintain the NCRI Code of Governance
- Lead the preparations for the production of NCRI’s end-of-year accounts.
- Reviewing, identifying and implementing operational efficiency improvements to NCRI’s ways of working and enhance operational delivery across the NCRI Executive.
- Lead the review and renegotiation of Partner funding agreements and manage the collection of annual subscriptions from Partners and other income from stakeholders.
The National Cancer Research Institute
The National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) is a UK-wide Partnership of research funders who believe that research is at the heart of driving improvements in prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care for people affected by cancer and the wider public.
Our purpose is to improve health and quality of life by accelerating progress in cancer-related research through collaboration. The NCRI Executive drives the work of the Partnership, enabling interactions between Partners and stakeholders and supporting collective activities. The NCRI Executive is hosted by one of its Partners; Cancer Research UK.
To find out more about our purpose, goals, values and enablers visit www.ncri.org.uk
About you and the role
To take on this critical role, you will have:
- An accountancy qualification
- Proven experience of leading effective operational planning, governance and compliance processes.
- Extensive experience of forecasting, monitoring and reporting against objectives with the ability to ensure high standards of accountability.
- Proven track record in setting, monitoring and achieving targets and challenging budgets.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team of people with the ability to raise levels of performance and build capability.
- A proven track record of identifying and exploiting opportunities for continued improvement.
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills with the ability to synthesise and present complex information and make balanced and informed decisions.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to develop strong stakeholder relationships
To view the role profile visit: https://adobe.ly/2kCd2IB
To read more about the aims of the NCRI visit: https://www.ncri.org.uk/
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter via the apply link. Please keep your cover letter to no more than 500 words outlining your motivations and how your experience relates to this role.