New CM-Path Vacancies – Chair and Deputy Chair
Closing date: Sunday 9th June 2019 – 11pm BST
Interview date: Wednesday 10th July 2019
Remuneration: Chair position is offered at 4 sessions per month and the Deputy Chair position is offered at 2 sessions per month subject to continued funding availability
Duration: Two-year term plus one-year dependent on annual reviews and subject to further funding being agreed for the programme
CM-Path is seeking a Chair and Deputy Chair effective from September 2019. The nominal term of this position is 2 years plus 1 year; however full funding for CM-Path is not committed beyond June 2021 at present, and the duration of the term of appointment is currently under review.
All CM-Path members have established reputations in their fields and have an enthusiasm for innovation and a commitment to seeing improvements in academic pathology and clinical delivery to feed through to better outcomes for patients. The Chair and Deputy Chair are expected to:
- be cellular pathologists who are established, successful leaders in their field, with a deep commitment to, and enthusiasm for, research.
- have the personal skills of a highly effective leaders, particularly with regard to communication, motivation and engagement.
- command the respect of the relevant research communities and the NCRI Partners.
- show evidence of having built successful, multidisciplinary collaborations across different institutions.
- have relevant national and international links.
- show enthusiasm and commitment to developing inclusive, UK-wide approaches to Cellular Molecular Pathology research.
- be skilled at chairing multidisciplinary meetings, driving decision-making and engendering commitment to actions.
The National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) is a partnership of UK cancer research funders. It brings the cancer research community together to work on areas of common interest, especially those that are considered to be priorities by, and for, patients and the public.
Further information and how to apply
Applications comprising an application form, curriculum vitae and cover letter should be sent to Miss Helen Pitman (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11pm Sunday 9 June 2019.
The cover letter should state your motivation for joining CM-Path and outline the skills and experience you would bring to the role(s) you are applying for.
If you apply please hold in your diary the interview date of Wednesday 10th July 2019.
If you would like to discuss applying to any one of these roles please email the CM-Path Programme Manager, Miss Helen Pitman (email@example.com).
If you currently do not have an employing institution, please get in touch with the CM-Path Programme Manager to discuss your application.