On July 20th 2017, Dr Richard Haspel from the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, United States, delivered the Training Residents in Pathology (TRIG) workshop for over 80 pathology trainees in the UK. The day was organised by Workstream 1 of CM-Path and Heath Education England London and South East School of Pathology, with special thanks to Professor Louise Jones, Professor Martin Young, Dr Hasan Rizvi, Dr Lisa Browning, Dr Karin Oien and of course, Dr Richard Haspel.
All training resources are available free of charge on the TRIG website. We strongly encourage those who are keen to upskill in genomic medicine to download these resources. Feedback from the day was excellent, with:
- Over 90% of survey respondents declaring that they would recommend the workshop to a friend
- 100% of participants agreeing or strongly agreeing that they will seek further opportunities to develop their skills in molecular pathology.
Further feedback included:
- “Before the event I was cynical about the usefulness of it but by lunchtime was convinced of the value of the day.”
- “Dr Haspel was an inspirational speaker and managed to relay incredibly complex topics in an easy to understand way.”
- “Genomics is going to be a great adjunct to Pathology and we all need to understand it.”
- “We as Pathologists need to improve our skills and knowledge in molecular genetics to contribute to patient management.”