The NCRI Breast Group brings together clinicians, scientists and patients, carers and others affected by cancer (also known as ‘consumers’), amongst many others, to coordinate the development of a strategic portfolio of research within the field of breast cancer. The group works closely with clinical research networks, funders and researchers to develop research to improve outcomes for breast cancer patients.
The group routinely identifies priorities in breast cancer research and dynamic working groups are established to address each priority.
NCRI Breast Group strategic priorities
- Personalised medicine and risk-adapted studies
- Metastatic breast cancer
- Symptom management
- Early breast cancer clinical trials
- Understanding the immuno-biology of breast cancer
How can I get involved?
- Attend a proposals guidance meeting to receive feedback on your idea for breast cancer research
- Join the NCRI Early Career Researcher Forum if you are interested in pursuing a career in breast research
- Express interest in joining the NCRI Consumer Forum if you are a patient, carer or have personal experience of breast cancer
- Join the NCRI Breast Network to be kept up to date on future opportunities