The NCRI Skin Group brings together clinicians, scientists and patients, carers and others affected by cancer (also known as ‘consumers’), amongst many others, to coordinate the development of a strategic portfolio of research within the field of skin cancer. The group works closely with clinical research networks, funders and researchers to develop research to improve outcomes for skin cancer patients.
The NCRI Skin Group consists of an executive group that provides oversight of the research landscape and proactively identifies opportunities for the group. The NCRI Skin Group also has several working groups that develop research in areas of strategic need.
NCRI Skin Group strategic priorities:
- Immunotherapy including neoadjuvant treatment
- Non-melanoma skin cancer
- Health data research
- Early diagnosis and prevention
How can I get involved?
- Attend a proposals guidance meeting to receive feedback on your idea for skin cancer research
- Join the NCRI Early Career Researcher Forum if you are interested in pursuing a career in skin cancer research
- Express interest in joining the NCRI Consumer Forum if you are a patient, carer or have personal experience of skin cancer
- Join the NCRI Skin Network to be kept up to date on future opportunities